Is the “Third Way” Coming to Your Church?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the “Third Way” Coming to Your Church?

Ideally, ‘Third Way’ denominations and movements would officially make room for gay relationships and gay marriage, but encourage congregations to discern their own policies locally, and demand an atmosphere of mutual submission and understanding among their family of churches. Sure, there may be denomination-wide boundaries involved – say, the belief that the New Testament is clear on covenantal monogamy and chastity before marriage – but there would be a recognition that LGBT Christians are real Christians and real evangelicals, and no congregation has the right to deny that absolutely. They may not be able to perform weddings or theologically affirm the relationships, but they would practice inclusion and support civil rights.

The ‘Third Way’ approach proposes between the “conservative” that highlights biblical texts that condemn homosexual behavior and singles out gays for special antipathy and the “liberal” approach that fails to wrestle with the Bible “in a straightforward manner” and to challenge Christians to rigorous faithfulness. Hence, the “third way” is to combine the biblical rigor of the conservatives and the welcoming embrace of the liberals. That is, be very nice toward and welcoming of gays, do not teach that people must change their sexual orientation, and do not make a strong public point of speaking against “homosexuality”. Third Way presses adherents to learn the difference between acceptance (where gay people are treated with kindness and welcomed to worship) and agreement (where their intimate relationships are affirmed as morally equivalent to straight people’s marriages).

The heart and soul of ‘Third Way’ is a dream for traditional and emerging camps to find unity in the Great Tradition and not blast each other over second-tier differences. On the one hand, the ideology wants to avoid the fundamentalist error of seeing every other kind of church as heretical and suspect. On the other hand, it also wants to avoid the liberal error of seeing theology as infinitely malleable. Culture war issues invite binary thinking. Many commentators say, “You either affirm gay marriage or you don’t,” or “You teach homosexuality is a sin or you don’t.” Within the binaries, I think it’s fair to say that there is no middle ground, although that is the thrust and effort of the movement.

What the Third Way really is involves a 5-year strategy plan straight out of the Matthew Vines Reformation Project playbook, designed to motivate your church to “have a conversation” about the ‘Third Way’, so that eventually the idea of compromising God’s Word to make gay marriages mainstream becomes more palatable. And this strategy accomplishes something else: it provides a way for elders and pastors to retain their likeability; and keep many of the tithers committed, because after all, their church is all about love and tolerance, and who doesn’t want to belong to that?

I don’t. And I hope you don’t either.

The following is a video promoting “Third Way” within the Catholic Church: http://www.blackstonefilms.org/films.html

Third Way has it's roots in the Frankfurt School's Cultural Marxism; it's what birthed political correctness and progressive ideology.

This ideology goal is to clandestinely subvert all traditional values and morals in society. Since, the Church (body of Christ), is the vanguard of Judeo-Christian ethics and morals, and the restrainer against the mystery of lawlessness it will be the primary target.

The Great Apostasy - Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God. Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things?

Comment

This video is well made but I couldn't finish it.

I have seen my fair share of videos promoting the homosexual lifestyle as okay, and they always appeal SO much to feelings that it seems like there is no other way to see this than under the lenses of victimization and discrimination.

But there is the way of Grace, the way of the Scriptures, the way of Christ that says "repent and sin no more" which these type of videos never show.

Thanks for sharing this to be aware of a yet new deception coming into the Church.

Comment

To believe in everything is to believe in nothing; to believe in nothing is to believe in everything. To stand for nothing is to fall for everything. To neither affirm or to deny is to accept everything. Something is either true or it is false; truth is mutually exclusive. Behaviors and thoughts are either acceptable to God or not.

Pragmatism, centrism, inclusivism and relativism skew the straightforward contextual literal Biblical exegeses. People are either part of the organism (regenerated disciples in the body of Christ) or they are unregenerated members of the organization of a local church. The body of Christ goes beyond the local church. Being part of the organization does not guarantee being part of the Body. We need to decide if our goal is to build up the Body or the organization. We are to be transforming our minds by the power of the Holy Spirit not subverting them.

John 8:31 Jesus told the people who had faith in him, "If you keep on obeying what I have said, you truly are my disciples. 32 You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Rom 12:1 Therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, I urge you to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God; this is your spiritual worship. 2 Do not be conformed to this age, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may discern what is the good, pleasing, and perfect will of God.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7613 users online. 0 members and 7613 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,272 at 07:19 AM on 03-28-2024.

Discerning the Truth Forum Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 298   Posts: 985   Members: 221   Active Members: 0
        Welcome to our newest member, Markus Wagner.
        Working...
        X