Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homosexuality Worse than Other Sins

A homosexual must remain celibate. As difficult as that may sound it's possible.

They will never find peace until they do.You see it's called seeking pleasure.The reason it's called seeking pleasure is that it can't be found. God is the answer.
    Once you find that you don't have to seek for what you can't find.

The reason homosexual relations are immoral is because God created male/female and gave them the gift of conjugal union in marriage.It's purpose is procreative and unitive.Once you take those purposes out of the sexual act it is disordered and ends is death. All this-homosexual 'marriage'(which is not possible),abortion,euthanasia -all began with artificial contraception.Yes,we should accept them with love and truth. However,we must stress the truth as well as the love part.They go hand in hand.

There is a group called COURAGE which helps ppl who are homosexual or practice the lifestyle to become and remain celibate.
    Encounter Christ. Discover yourself. Grow in holiness. A Roman Catholic apostolate for men and women who experience same-sex attractions and those who love them.

I also have not seen one shred of scientific/medical evidence that proves that homosexual attraction is genetic.If there is such proof i would like to see it.
    God Bless,
    p4p

Homosexuality Worse than Other Sins

After a thread discussion about the Scriptural revelations regarding the choice of homosexuality, a person asked another person:

“Tell me, do you all hate fat people too? After all they indulge in the sin of gluttony every day several times a day! Aren't all sins the same... if you break one you are just as guilty as if you broke all of them? How can we differentiate between sins? How does homosexuality become worse than taking the Lord's name in vain? It isn't even one of the ten! I don't get all this judgment of others. I just judge myself and my goal is to be a better person today than I was yesterday."

My response was:

It’s not that complicated when the truth is understood.

No genuine Christian is intentionally homophobic (hater of homosexuals) as often falsely ascribed, they are merely reflecting on the purity required of a Godly life. Perversion is an intentional act of depravity that utterly contaminates the soul which completely separates us from the spiritual, e.g. God. There are sins that are not of the flesh, and sins of the flesh. It is those sins that are indulged in unbridled sexual impurity that are damning of the soul. It is impossible to have genuine communion with God and be active practitioner of any of them.

"Do not err: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor those who make women of themselves, nor who abuse themselves with men." 1 Cor. 6:9. Sexually Promiscuous (sex outside of marriage), Idolatry (all-consuming lust for wealth, possessions, looks, power, etc.) Adultery (sex with married person), Transvestites (Men who dress as women), Homosexuality (sex with same gender). The above is only a short list. Paul never intended that his letter be the limited definition of impurity. 1 Cor. 5:11 includes a Liar (addicted to lying), Drunkard (Alcoholic or profuse drinker), Swindler (unethical in business, cheater). And yes, gluttony is an indulgence of the flesh, unto excess. "The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery (excessive indulgence in sensual pleasures)." Galatians 5:19. These passages are not just holy writs in a dusty old mythical book, but reveal spiritual laws that cannot be circumvented by any means contrived.

"If you see any brother or sister commit a sin that does not lead to death, you should pray and God will give them life. I refer to those whose sin does not lead to death. There is a sin that leads to death. I am not saying that you should pray about that." 1 John 5:16. There are sins that are damnable to the soul, intentionally repetitive and self-justified acts that even a prayer cannot intermediate, as those listed above. Unintentional sins or a slip of weakness is one matter, they can prayed over unto healing of the soul. However, intentional ongoing purposeful and habitual sins unabated will assuredly estranged the soul after death into the agonizing regions of the great abyss. Hebrews 10: 26 reads, "For if we deliberately continue to sin after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but only the terrifying prospect of Judgment, or raging fire that will consume the enemies."

We must choose this day whom you will follow, the wisdom of men that is foolish, or the wisdom of God that leads to life (1 Cor. 1:18). For tomorrow may never arrive.

I personally was saved from much of the long list of damnable sins before the Lord open my blind eyes, and have been careful to watch by God's grace, for none is above falling.

Comment

My view is not a popular view on the subject so, please read carefully.

There are different ways a person can have a perverse sexual attraction or unholy lifestyle. The first (this is the one I take the heat on) is they are born with the propensity to be that way. We are all born sinners with different deviant desires and perversion for the same sex is one of those manifestations.

The second is one is made that way, by being drawn into that lifestyle, through molestation, rejection, indoctrination, other environmental circumstances and as part of an endpoint on a downward spiral of sin. The last way is demonic influence. An unredeemed person belongs to Satan and he is free to do what he wants with them. Demons can either possess or oppress influencing the damned into abominable acts. But whether they are born that way, made that way or demonically influenced Jesus is the answer and He can transform them into new life.

1 Cor: 9 Don’t you know that the unrighteous will not inherit God’s kingdom? Do not be deceived: No sexually immoral people, idolaters, adulterers, or anyone practicing homosexuality, 10 no thieves, greedy people, drunkards, verbally abusive people, or swindlers will inherit God’s kingdom. 11 And some of you used to be like this. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

The key words are " do not be deceived", "will not inherit", used to be". The regenerated man has repented (turned) from his sins by the power of the Holy Spirit. The confusion of today's church is they think that Jesus' saving them from their sins is just from the eternal consequences and not from the practice of them. Jesus saved us from our sins not for us to continue in them! If we are not changed by the Holy Spirit we need to check to see if we are in the faith. Also, recognize if we are saved and we willful transgress we can be turned over to Satan for the purification.

I also believe there are worse sins than others-habitual and willful. Sins of commission and omission can have varied consequences from loss of rewards for the believer to greater punishment for the condemned.

Comment

I agree with you Roger.

I think it is important to realize that there are certain biological conditions that can cause great conflict for certain people. For example, a hermaphrodite is faced with a clear and definable conflict, a biological condition inherited at birth. Additionally, Neuroanatomical research has shown that some people are purportedly born cross-gendered, meaning a physical man may find themselves a woman trapped in a man's body. Cadaver studies show a difference in chemistry, brain component size and other details that give biological evidence. I imagine there are other factors that show that some people are born with a conflict of their natural gender, not desired or preferred by that person, but a challenge non-the-less. However, the greater percentage of those who chose aberrant lifestyles do so from personal and willful sin-based choice. If this were not the case, Paul would not have written multiple times about the sins of perversions in a bullet list format.

While indeed our environment or upbringing can lead to lifestyles that are an abomination to God, the conditionings of the mind (visual obsession) or body (repetitive addiction) are details that can be overcome at the cross, through the blood, in the resurrection power of Jesus. I can say this being such a person at one time. Demon oppression can fall within this same classification. We can pledge allegiance to Lucifer and offer up babies as living sacrifices, however the cross triumphs over all principalities and powers in high places. These “choice lifestyles” are all part of the sin nature that naturally gravitates toward rebellion against the holiness of God. In the end, mankind is without excuse.

Comment

I hate Christians and other Fundamentalisms

The stench of fundy hypocrisy is making me sick! This is what's bonkers about fundamentalism. I hate Christians and other fundamentalisms, they overturn church traditions and treat people like dirt.

Yesterday I was watching a documentary in which, and not for the first time, some zombified, brainwashed believer was directly rebuking Satan. And yet 2 Peter 2:10 tells us that even the Archangel Michael did not have the authority to rebuke Satan directly, saying instead, 'The Lord rebuke you', the legacy no doubt of the false spiritual warfare teachings, all third wave. The entire church body is utterly lost, apostate, infiltrated by spiritual counterfeits. I stopped trying to find a church after leaving yet another in disgust, as this kind of thing and worse.

In Beijing in front of 1500 people, I even had to listen to a believer talking about French kissing Jesus and when I expressed my concern, oh what a surprise, the bad guy was me of course. The UK is gone. America is gone. The church bar a remnant is gone.

Those so quick to embrace a literal interpretation of Leviticus e.g. homosexuals should at least be consistent and apply the whole law, stone an adulterer or two. Then your morality will be on the same mediaeval barbarous level as the Jihadist.

Comment

I don't know you that well, David. I invited you here to hopefully grace your journey with the Lord.

Yes, the Third Wave and many details aligned with the New Apostolic Reformation is a cart lined with error, that is to be expected, they are of another spirit. Yes, there are others here on this forum that would agree that the larger percentage of the church is apostate, fallen, lamp stand is removed, God is not in the midst. However, there are still pockets of genuine believers, some cast to the four winds, seeking, even starving for authentic fellowship.

While I agree that there is hypocrisy among Fundmentalists... not to forget the Conservatives and Liberals, it does not lessen the fact that the perversion of homosexuality is a sin that leads to death. Not looking to the Torah for guidance, as in part expressed above, according to 1 Cor. 6:9-11, neither will a fornicator, idolater, adulter, effeminant (passive partner in a homosexual relationship), homosexual (leading role in a homosexual relationship), thieves, covetous, revilers or swindlers... inherit the kingdom of God.

Romans 1:26-28 gives a transparent picture of what the Spirit expressed through the hand of Paul, "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper."

This is not the opinion of "fuddys" (term that slurs those who are Fundmentalists) or those with homophobia but merely accepting the inspired counsel of an Apostle who penned the bulk of the doctrine representing the faith. "Therefore, anyone who rejects this instruction does not reject a human being but God, the very God who gives you his Holy Spirit." 1 Thess. 4:8. I certainly don't want to offend anyone for the wrong reason, but on this forum, we adhere to Sola scriptura!

Comment

Cool. In that case then, if you are correct, it means that God created millions of souls to feel attraction to the same gender from birth (I know a few gays and they all witness to the attraction being from day one, not some specious lifestyle choice as fundies would have it) and can no more change that attraction (despite strident efforts in some cases to do so) than can heteros change theirs for the opposite gender, only to condemn them to hell. I don't think God is that kind of monster. If he is, I don't want to know him.

Comment

David, the answer, I have for you; will open up a discussion most avoid. You state God created souls with deviant desires. That would make God the blame for all their sins verse the fallen state of mankind. Whatever God makes is good when it is created. This is why I reject the creationist view of the soul in favor of Traducianism, which I feel, is the nearest to the Biblical view. Since, my view, might be a modified traducianist position from the classical I will explain my understanding.
                Gen 2:7 Then the Lord God formed the man out of the dust from the ground and breathed the breath of life into his nostrils, and the man became a living being.
                The breath of life here is the infusion of the soul along with consciousness and physical life. Notice when God made Eve He never breathed into her. The complexity of mind, body and Spirit where already incorporated into Adam and materially transferred to her. Gen 2:21 So the Lord God caused a deep sleep to come over the man, and he slept. God took one of his ribs and closed the flesh at that place. 22 Then the Lord God made the rib He had taken from the man into a woman and brought her to the man. 23 And the man said: This one, at last, is bone of my bone, and flesh of my flesh; this one will be called woman, for she was taken from man. 24 This is why a man leaves his father and mother and bonds with his wife, and they become one flesh. 25 Both the man and his wife were naked, yet felt no shame.
                Then it becomes important to name her Eve. Gen 3:20 Adam named his wife Eve because she was the mother of all the living.
                Now the living has to refer to mankind --those who had a soul verses just breathe because the animals were already created and do not have souls but they breathe. (1 Peter 3:20 makes it clear only 8 souls were saved on the Ark and it was full of animals)
                1 Tim 2:13 For Adam was created first, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and transgressed.
                So since, Eve is the mother of all the living and God breathed into Adam it can be concluded that all of our undegenerated souls have been passed down through Eve. Now this doesn’t mean Adam was without blame Ps 90:3 You return mankind to the dust, saying, "Return, descendants of Adam." 4 For in Your sight a thousand years are like yesterday that passes by, like a few hours of the night. 5 You end their life; they sleep. They are like grass that grows in the morning 6 in the morning it sprouts and grows; by evening it withers and dries up.
                And look Paul wrote in 1 Corinthians 15:22 For just as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive. 23 But each in his own order: Christ, the firstfruits; afterward, at His coming, the people of Christ…. 45 So it is written: The first man Adam became a living being; the last Adam became a life-giving Spirit. 46 However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural; then the spiritual. 47 The first man was from the earth and made of dust; the second man is from heaven. 48 Like the man made of dust, so are those who are made of dust; like the heavenly man, so are those who are heavenly. 49 And just as we have borne the image of the man made of dust, we will also bear the image of the heavenly man.

Now I am not going to give an exhaustive explanation at this time but I want you to notice the next time God breathed on man was Jesus in John 20:22 After saying this, He breathed on them and said, "Receive the Holy Spirit.
                And of course God breathed the Scriptures:
                2 Tim 3:12-4:5
                12 And indeed, all who want to live a godly life united with the Messiah Yeshua will be persecuted,
                13 while evil people and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving others and being deceived themselves.
                14 But you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, recalling the people from whom you learned it;
                15 and recalling too how from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which can give you the wisdom that leads to deliverance through trusting in Yeshua the Messiah.
                16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is valuable for teaching the truth, convicting of sin, correcting faults and training in right living;
                17 thus anyone who belongs to God may be fully equipped for every good work.
                4 1 I solemnly charge you before God and the Messiah Yeshua, who will judge the living and the dead when he appears and establishes his Kingdom:
                2 proclaim the Word! Be on hand with it whether the time seems right or not. Convict, censure and exhort with unfailing patience and with teaching.
                3 For the time is coming when people will not have patience for sound teaching, but will cater to their passions and gather around themselves teachers who say whatever their ears itch to hear.
                4 Yes, they will stop listening to the truth, but will turn aside to follow myths.
                5 But you, remain steady in every situation, endure suffering, do the work that a proclaimer of the Good News should, and do everything your service to God requires. CJB
                So in review, I believe when I was formed in the womb along with my fathers and mothers DNA in the biological part my soul was also formed from the undegenerated flesh of my parents which have been passed on to them from Adam and Eve . Even though their souls have been regenerated their flesh has not been glorified yet leaving my regeneration up my decision up to my acceptance of God’s free gift. If people go to Hell for their deviancy it is because they have rejected His love which will transform them by the Holy Spirit making them Holy.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7796 users online. 0 members and 7796 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,272 at 07:19 AM on 03-28-2024.

Discerning the Truth Forum Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 298   Posts: 985   Members: 221   Active Members: 0
                Welcome to our newest member, Markus Wagner.
                Working...
                X