Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spiritual Musings When Suddenly Inspired

This Scripture came to my mind early this morning, as a word to be shared. "And let us not grow weary while doing good [right], for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart." Galatians 6:9 The LNT reads "So let's not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don't give up."

This "good" may be understood of well doing, or doing good works in general, of every sort; which are such as are done according to the w...ill of God, from a established love for him, in faith, to Christian service, acts of beneficence to others and the poor in particular. We are all very apt to tire in duty, particularly in doing good repeatedly. This we should carefully watch and guard against. Only to perseverance in well-doing is the reward promised. We should take care to do good in our life-time, and make this the purpose of our lives. Especially when fresh occasions present opportunity, and as far as our power reaches.

"For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life." Galatians 6:8. Those who live a carnal, sensual life, must expect no other fruit from such a course than misery and ruin. The flesh has an appetite that cannot be quenched if left unbridled. Senses left unabated can destroy our call, testimony and faith. But those who, under the guidance and influences of the Holy Spirit, live a life of faith in Christ, and abound in Christian graces, shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

Need More Than Words

Some days I read Scripture when toiling against trials and stress to the Lord, "I need more than doctrine and well composed sayings, I need practical application to live these profound aspirations out in my life." "Ahhh, but you see..." I sense from inside, "You have but far to overcome the flesh, it dulls your spiritual senses. You desire peace and clarity, but very few desire those disciplines and journeys required to attain. The more contrite and obedient to me you are the... wiser and at peace you will be in all that you do. A person is more content a servant than to be their own master.”

Clearly, as long as we abide in these bodies, we will be subject to change, whether we desire it or not. Today glad, tomorrow sorrowful; now pleased, in a moment displeased; devout and utterly dedicated to all things spiritual, then straying to feed the flesh; now vigorous for Christ’s sake, then slothful for distractions of the world. But a wise man that is well taught in spiritual labor stands unshaken in all such things, he is not double-minded and heeds little what he feels, or from what side the wind of instability blows.

To remain unshaken by the tossing to and fro during the spiritual journey is to stand firmly upon the unwavering ground of our Lord. It is to perpetually resign our will to that of the Heavenly Father in order to accept the passing of all things as merely God`s permitting will. Due to our mortality, we will not be free from the fluidity of emotions and trials. We will encounter hardship and difficulties as a part of life, but if we are constantly seeking to be in union with our Lord and to align as much as possible with His grace we can see these moments as profitable to us. The moments of trial and instability that may we encounter can encourage the building up of virtue in our lives; they can foster a desire for further change and transformation.

These moments that we face will force us to either seek to fall in stride with Him or move farther away in disillusionment, we do have a choice. This spiritual labor is a constant work. This work proposed to us by our Lord is a loving demand of constantly seeking His will despite the frailty of our feelings. To remain unshaken in our faith and to heed little what we feel can only come at the cost of constantly desiring to serve our Lord. It is an act of keeping our gaze fixed upon the stability and unshaken ground of our Lord`s love and mercy. It is to reflect upon the lives of the saints and those before us who encountered great trial with a greater faith and a deeper surrender.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 780 users online. 0 members and 780 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,289 at 09:07 PM on 12-25-2023.

Discerning the Truth Forum Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 298   Posts: 985   Members: 221   Active Members: 0
    Welcome to our newest member, Markus Wagner.
    Working...
    X