Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Original Aramaic New Testament in Plain English

Does anyone have any input or more information on this "Original Aramaic New Testament in Plain English"? I was told this is the native language of Jesus and the apostles, this is what interested me.

It was translated (with notes and commentary) by Rev. Glenn David Bauscher, and I did a small side by side comparison with the Cambridge Ed. King James and it seemed ok, except for John 14:26

Cambridge Ed. King James - "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you."

The Original Aramaic New Testament in Plain English - "But he, The Redeemer of the accursed, The Spirit of Holiness, whom my Father sends in my name, he will teach you all things and he will remind you of everything whatsoever I have told you."

Speaking of the Holy Spirit as a redeemer, not sure I like that. I am always aware of what Paul said in 2nd Corinthians 11:4 about falling prey to "another" gospel.

Any input you may have Pastor Ray, or anyone else would be welcome.
    May the Holy Spirit always move within you!

Greetings Christopher!

Although most theologians agree that Jesus and the apostles’ native tongue was Aramaic, they will contend that they wrote the New Testament texts in Konia Greek in order to communicate to the emerging Greco-Roman establishment. Therefore any attempted backward translation when the origin of the New Testament was never provided in such a manner is possibly taking things too far. Above all, the Christian movement grew out of the womb of the Jewish faith. Hebrew is a sister tongue to Aramaic --- much like the difference between Philadelphia English to Texan English. It is difficult to capture all the nuances reflected without losing some context.

While it is an interesting project, much like Dr. George Lamsa's famous Peshitta New Testament English translation, it is simply another translation without significant value in my estimation.

Comment

Thanks Pastor Ray, I'm glad you cleared that up
      May the Holy Spirit always move within you!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 657 users online. 0 members and 657 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,289 at 09:07 PM on 12-25-2023.

Discerning the Truth Forum Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 298   Posts: 985   Members: 221   Active Members: 0
      Welcome to our newest member, Markus Wagner.
      Working...
      X