X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dating Unbeliever and is Divorce Allowed

A forum reader wrote:

Hey guys what do you think as a Christian,

1. Should a Christian date or marry an unbeliever? Why?
    2. Is "divorce" is allowed in Christianity? Why?

I want a serious discussion with teachings from bible. The King of Kings, the Lord of Lord's, the Almighty, the one who is coming for judgement says, "my people are destroyed from lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I also reject you as my priests; because you have ignored the law of your God, I also will ignore your children." [Hosea 4:6]

We Christians must be educated with biblical spiritual teachings. I saw most of the youth of Churches have no knowledge about "Marriage" law given by God. This is very grieving for our Christian society. That would surely bring shame in front of Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists.

My response in overview:

No, a Christian should not date or marry an unbeliever: "Do not be bound together with unbelievers; for what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness, or what fellowship has light with darkness? Or what harmony has Christ with Belial, or what has a believer in common with an unbeliever?" (2 Cor. 6:14-15). Missionary Dating as it is called, or a Christian hoping that they can convert the person he/she is dating or marrying is a violation of biblical counsel let alone good sense. "Furthermore, you shall not intermarry with them; you shall not give your daughters to their sons, nor shall you take their daughters for your sons. For they will turn your sons away from following Me to serve other gods," (Deut. 7:1-4). Other gods? The lusts and riches of this world, success and power as an end in itself and any number of possible god's that we contend with today.

Divorce was never God's intent. Malachi 2:16 says, "For the Lord God of Israel says that He hates divorce." When two people get married, a covenant is made and God is witness to that marriage covenant. So when one gets a divorce, he breaks that covenant. In Romans 1:31-32 we read, "Without understanding, covenant breakers..., knowing that they which commit such things are worthy of death." It is sinful to be a covenant breaker. Even if two divorce, they continue to be bound to the obligations God placed them under when they married. 1 Corinthians 7:39 says, "A wife is bound by law as long as her husband lives". In Matthew 19:4-9 Jesus is not only condemns the sin of an adulterous marriage, but He is also forbidding a divorce, "except for fornication". Here is where divorcees violate themselves the most, in remarrying when still soul tied to their former mate... which is adultery.

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7655 users online. 0 members and 7655 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,272 at 07:19 AM on 03-28-2024.

Discerning the Truth Forum Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 298   Posts: 985   Members: 221   Active Members: 0
Welcome to our newest member, Markus Wagner.
Working...
X