Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the Jezebel Spirit?

The Jezebel Spirit is a typically equated to a women who is spiritual, but whose mind and heart are wholly of the world.

I have created a rough list that needs editing, which attempts to identify a Jezebel Spirit. While this spirit is typically given a female connotation, men can have a similar spirit.

1. They gain power by diminishing others. It is causes them a rush “win” over someone. They manage to get in positions of authority, and are difficult to displace, once there.
    2. They are controlling, manipulative, bossy.
    3. They can either be war-like in their personalities, so that they are intimidating, or so sweet, timid, charming and charismatic, they are able to fool and recruit others to join them.
    4. The spirit is critical of others, vicious to the point of blood thirsty as to reveal weaknesses.
    5. They are never wrong in their own eyes; they are unable to apologize.
    6. They recruit others to rally behind their charges against their victims. They act to persuade recruits, and do not give up this activity until the recruits are won over. If the potential recruits do not cooperate and accept their position they will grow angry.
    7. They are by nature narcissistic. While they tend to be oversensitive, they have no concern for the feelings of others. They are not sympathetic about their victims, and tend to play the role of victim themselves, in order to gain sympathy. This way the real victim is left stranded, and opposed by others if they ask for help. Being the center of attention really pleases them.
    8. They lie, and they believe their own lie. Avoiding the truth, or intentionally acting to withhold truth is part of a false picture presented to others.
    9. Impulsive, disorganized, failure to plan ahead. Life is often chaotic and family in their care is in disarray.
    10. The have a lack of remorse after hurting someone. They can justify the harm and remain smug about their victory.
    11. They prove to be consistent irresponsibility, unpunctual, undependable. Will make rash promises, but cannot be trusted to fulfill.
    12. They often express irritability, aggressiveness (open or subtle), and can be quick tempered.
    13. This person is an “outlier” or non-conformist, they have their own ways.
    14. Psychological counseling will not help, since they deny their condition.
    15. They may claim religious sentiments, but are found very superficial in spiritual disciplines. Places emphasis on emotions over depth of condition.
    16. These women tend to control their men with sex. And they pick passive men (Ahab’s) so they can dominate them.
    17. They are usually married but often end up divorced. They may entertain affairs. If single, can be bisexual or promiscuous.

I just read this and thought I would share it because there are many Christians who are, by the grace of the Lord, discovering and rejecting this 'Jezebel' spirit in the 'household of God, and also recognizing that Christians must glorify God in everything they do: their lifestyle, entertainment, clothes, words, etc.

A verse comes to mind: "If I am delayed, you will know how people ought to conduct themselves in God's household, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth." (1 Timothy 3:15)

Comment

Originally posted by Johanna View Post
      I just read this and thought I would share it because there are many Christians who are, by the grace of the Lord, discovering and rejecting this 'Jezebel' spirit in the 'household of God, and also recognizing that Christians must glorify God in everything they do: their lifestyle, entertainment, clothes, words, etc.

A verse comes to mind: "If I am delayed, you will know how people ought to conduct themselves in God's household, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth." (1 Timothy 3:15)
      Such a disturbing video, I could not watch it in full......The World and The Church as one.
      Last edited by Watchman; 12-08-2012, 02:58 PM.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7716 users online. 0 members and 7716 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,272 at 07:19 AM on 03-28-2024.

Discerning the Truth Forum Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 298   Posts: 985   Members: 221   Active Members: 0
      Welcome to our newest member, Markus Wagner.
      Working...
      X