Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 Timothy 1:1 - God our Savior?

Hello, I just started the book of 1 Timothy and in the opening remarks Paul refers to God as "our savior"

This may be a petty matter, as the Hevenly Father did send Jesus Christ to die for us, but I have never heard of the Heavenly Father refered to as "our savior"

I understand as part of the Holy Trinity one is all in the same, but is this not jumping the chain some?

The Hevenly Father sends Jesus to die for us, we accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior, and thus are set free from our sin and are able to stand before the Hevenly Father blameless, but is'nt calling the Hevenly Father our savior jumping the chain?
    May the Holy Spirit always move within you!

It was God who started the Salvation process and should be considered Saviour as well.

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
    Rev 12:10 Then I heard a loud voice in heaven saying, "Now have come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God, and the authority of His Christ, because the accuser of our brothers, the one who accused them before our God day and night, has been thrown out of heaven.
    Rev 7:10 And they cried out with a loud voice, saying, "Salvation belongs to our God, to Him who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!"
    2Th 2:13 But we are obligated to give thanks to God always for you, brothers beloved by the Lord, because God chose you from the beginning for salvation, through sanctification of the Spirit and belief in the truth,
    1Th 5:9 For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to the obtaining of salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ,

Comment

Ah yes, I see that. I guess the Godhead should be viewed as a circle and not a ladder of rank.
      May the Holy Spirit always move within you!

Comment

Looked up a few more verse's for you.

2Sa 22:3 My God is my rock; I shall take refuge in Him; my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge! My Savior, You shall save me from violence
        Psa 17:7 Set out your wonderful loving-kindness by Your right hand, O Savior of those who trust in You, from those rising against them.
        Isa 43:3 For I am Jehovah your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. I gave Egypt for your atonement; Ethiopia and Seba instead of you.
        Isa 43:11 I, I am Jehovah; and there is no Savior besides Me.
        1Ti 1:1 Paul an apostle of Jesus Christ according to a command of God our Savior, even the Lord Jesus Christ, our Hope,
        Luk 1:46 And Mary said, My soul magnifies the Lord,
        Luk 1:47 and my spirit exulted in God My Savior.

God Bless.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7796 users online. 0 members and 7796 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,272 at 07:19 AM on 03-28-2024.

Discerning the Truth Forum Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 298   Posts: 985   Members: 221   Active Members: 0
        Welcome to our newest member, Markus Wagner.
        Working...
        X