Move with guidance OR the Lords's timing?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Move with guidance OR the Lords's timing?

I had a pressing issue that I needed to have resolved so I prayed about it and tryed to put it out of my mind for a bit, but found my faith failing.

I berated myself for my lack of faith, after all the wonderfull things Lord Jesus had provided me, and yet I also found myself soon after not sure that faith had really failed.

I mean, does Lord Jesus expect you to pray about something and then just pull up a chair and wait for the answer to fall in you lap from Heaven? Or does the Lord expect you to ACT on your faith as well?

I would imagine just praying about a issue and then sitting on the floor in your living room and expecting an answer to fall on the floor before you is sort of silly, but then if you try to come to a solution on your own you may miss out on a much better outcome that the Lord could have provided you or worse off than before.

One of my favorite passages of scripture is:

Matthew 6:31-34 (New American Standard Bible)
    "Do not worry then, saying, 'What will we eat?' or 'What will we drink?' or 'What will we wear for clothing?'
    "For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.
    "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
    "So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
    So I know the Lord has his own timing, but will he guide you to a solution as well thru your own actions?

Thanks
    May the Holy Spirit always move within you!

Waiting verses Acting

Greetings Christopher,

A couple brother's and I just had a lengthy discourse on this subject, about works verses faith justification. I think if you read through the posts, it reflects much upon what your thoughts are above:

Search for: Obedience Through Faith

Please expand on the nature or issue of your confrontation, if the above link fails to grant insight into your query.

God Bless You!

Comment

Christopher-not sure I understand your situation clearly. It sounds like you have prayed to God about an issue and either God has not answered your prayer quickly enough or He has answered in the way that you have hoped. There are several things to remember

1. There may be some unconfessed sin on your part. 2Ch 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

2. The prayer might not be in line with God's will but of the flesh. Mt 6:9-10 "This, then, is how you should pray: "‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven

3. God might have answered your prayer in a way that you do not understand or in the way that you want. Read Job 38. Trust in God because He knows best.

4. God might want you to go through a trial, Heb 12:11 No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it. 1Pe 4:12 Dear friends, do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering, as though something strange were happening to you.

5. God's timing with prayer is much different then ours.-Read the story of Joseph in Genesis. This story is a prime example of God's timing.

As far as acting out your faith after prayer, I think it depends on the situation. Sometimes there will be major obstacles that God will have to remove so HIs will can be carried out. Other times he trusts that you will make the correct decision based on the measure of faith provided to you. Just trust that gentle whisper as long as it is backed up by what the bible says.

Php 2:13 for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose.

2Th 1:11 With this in mind, we constantly pray for you, that our God may count you worthy of his calling, and that by his power he may fulfil every good purpose of yours and every act prompted by your faith.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 758 users online. 0 members and 758 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,289 at 09:07 PM on 12-25-2023.

Discerning the Truth Forum Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 298   Posts: 985   Members: 221   Active Members: 0
      Welcome to our newest member, Markus Wagner.
      Working...
      X