Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Satan Visit Joseph Smith?

Is it a sin (blasphemy against the Holy Spirit) to say that Satan visited Joseph Smith (leader of the mornons) instead of God? There was a girl at my church who I've seen was carrying "the book of mormon" . I explain to her that the mormons teaches a false religion and that Joe Smith claimed that he was visited by Jesus the Son and God the Father. I told her that it was not God who visited him but a demon. For the bible says in John 1:18 "No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him."

Satan and the Angel Moroni

Satan is not omnipresent (all places at once), therefore if someone was to say Satan is the enemy regarding every encounter, it is simply not possible. We often give Satan too much credit. The apparition that appeared before Joseph Smith was said to be the angel Moroni, however we know it was a spirit of delusion of some nature, if any angel actually appeared all. Frankly, I think it was a false revelation made up to justify sin… let me explain.

Joseph Smith had a passion for sex with multiple woman and proclaimed deviant revelations to justify his lust. He took 34 wives in his life, between the ages of 14 and 56. Eleven of those wives were married at the time of consummation with Joseph. He had an unquenchable lust for new sexual conquests, mostly younger women, but not exclusively. Men of fame who knew Joseph before he formed his cult, such as William Law, said he was the most reprobate adulterer he knew.

Quoting from one of his books, "When that principle was revealed to the Prophet Joseph Smith ... he did not falter, although it was not until an angel of God, with a drawn sword, stood before him; and commanded that he should enter into the practice of that principle, or he should be utterly destroyed, or rejected, that he moved forward to reveal and establish that doctrine." - Prophet Joseph F. Smith, "Plural Marriage for the Righteous Only-Obedience Imperative-Blessings Resulting", Journal of Discourses, Vol.20, p.28 - p.29.

What was those practices? From Joseph's own hand he wrote, "The same God that has thus far dictated me and directed me and strengthened me in this work, gave me this revelation and commandment on celestial and plural marriage, and the same God commanded me to obey it. He said to me that unless I accepted it, and introduced it, and practiced it, I, together with my people would be killed and cut off from this time henceforth. We have got to observe it. It is an eternal principle and was given by way of commandment and not by way of instruction." - Prophet Joseph Smith, Contributor, Vol. 5, p. 259

Joseph Smith used his position as a spiritual leader to manipulate weak woman to be subservient to his will. David Koresh had an appetite for young girls. Jim Jones was a sexual glutton with his followers. Cultist Reverend Myung Moon claimed women were purified tby having relations with him. Absolute power corrupts absolutely! Paul clarified men with such intent when he wrote his letter, what we call 2 Timothy 3:1-6 "But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come. For men will be lovers of self... without self-control... lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power; Avoid such men as these. For among them are those who enter into households and captivate weak women weighed down with sins, led on by various impulses.”

You have nothing to repent for calling and ace an ace. However, your sensitivity to be careful not to trust in your knowledge alone is an exceptional attribute, one you should hold onto tightly. There are all manner of delusions presented to us on the spiritual landscape. Due to the limitation of our discernment, we could well call something of God that is of Satan by means of lacking clarity. Blessings to you Patrick!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7843 users online. 0 members and 7843 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,272 at 07:19 AM on 03-28-2024.

Discerning the Truth Forum Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 298   Posts: 985   Members: 221   Active Members: 0
    Welcome to our newest member, Markus Wagner.
    Working...
    X