Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judge not lest ye be Judged

I do have to take exception to what is often believed among church goers, which is a fallacious teaching among improperly taught millennial Christians and new believers. This might be hard to understand or accept, but the Bible is clear that even the people of God will be judged at times in this life, even though Christ has borne the full penalty for all our sins. For a passage tells us, “it is time for judgment to begin at the household of God” (1 Peter 4:17).

The word “judgment” used here in this passage has a broad meaning involving also a judgment that gives an approval or is for the purpose of discipline, though not necessarily for any specific sin. The history of God’s people indicates that judgment always begins within the covenant community.

Matthew 7:1 "Judge not, that ye be not judged" is one of the most taken out of context passages in the Bible, exceptionally so. “Judge Not” is one of the most common excuses for sin and for not confronting sin. The following reads the Study Notes on Matthew 7 in the Zondervan KJV Study Bible: "The Christian is not to judge hypocritically or self-righteously, as can be seen from the context (v.5). The same thought is expressed in 23:13-39 (cf. Rom 2:1). This is not advocating that a person must never bring to light another believer’s error, but not to do so with hypocrisy. In essence, it is not often our place to point out a brother's faults, where we read in the pastoral epistles that God has very strict and rigid qualifications for leaders. It is ideally the office of a church leader to address sin of their congregates, yet situations can vary.

Paul, who was simply a converted Christian from terrible sins, judged and distanced himself from those that opposed the truth of GOD and even publicly proclaimed their names to warn other people about them! 1 Timothy 1:18-20; 2 Timothy 4:10; 2 Timothy 2:15-18; 3 John 9 are a few examples. 1 Corinthians 5:3 reads "For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I was present, concerning him that hath so done this deed". John the Baptist openly judged and rebuked Herod for sleeping with his brother’s wife (Mark 6:18).

I leave with the landmark passage on this matter about conduct among the brethren, 1 Thessalonians 5:22 reads “Abstain from all appearance of evil.” For our life and conduct is being watched as a witness and testimony of our profession.

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 730 users online. 0 members and 730 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,289 at 09:07 PM on 12-25-2023.

Discerning the Truth Forum Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 298   Posts: 985   Members: 221   Active Members: 0
Welcome to our newest member, Markus Wagner.
Working...
X