Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tattoos and the Christian

I wanted to post a new topic to discuss.

What about a Christian getting a tattoo? Pray I only take your time if it glorifies Him. I pray we continue to see through His eyes and He gives us His heart. He truly loves you, Steven, so dearly. God bless you brother!

Tattoos are not sin in themselves. The frequently misinterpreted Leviticus 19:28 “Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the LORD.” was specifically addressing pagan religious rituals, that no practice or association should be made to avoid defilement. However, it is a valid point made by many that defacing the temple of God (our bodies) is evidence of irreverence and insolence.

"Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20. Understanding that the Holy Spirit does not dwell in temples made by hands, but now resides within our hearts, which means our bodies are holy temples. Would anyone think it acceptable to paint graffiti on the walls of a church building? Moreover, our physical body itself is much more sacred than a mere building, if in fact the Holy Spirit does dwell within. What conclusion comes naturally from this?

Paul goes to great effort to teach the weak in the faith the real dynamics of freedom to choose. In Romans 14, he writes "As for the one who is weak in faith, welcome him, but not to quarrel over opinions. One person believes he may eat anything, while the weak person eats only vegetables. Let not the one who eats despise the one who abstains, and let not the one who abstains pass judgment on the one who eats, for God has welcomed him. Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand. One person esteems one day as better than another, while another esteems all days alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind."

"You, then, why do you judge your brother or sister? Or why do you treat them with contempt? For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat." "Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in the way of a brother or sister." "Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification."

So the conclusion is, "I have the right to do anything," you say--but not everything is beneficial. "I have the right to do anything"--but not everything is constructive. No one should seek their own good, but the good of others." 1 Corinthians 10:23-24. "It is better not to eat meat or drink wine or to do anything else that will cause your brother or sister to fall" (Romans 14:21). If you do a thing you think is okay, but you know it causes a fellow Christian to stumble, then you must abstain for the sake of others or be responsible for sinning against them. Love considers others first and self last, where we are to no longer seek to please ourselves alone. However, in this age that rants "I have rights", most Christians cannot comprehend these essential biblical truths because worldly wisdom has become preeminent.

“We who are strong have an obligation to bear with the failings of the weak, and not to please ourselves. Let each of us please his neighbor for his good, to build him up. For Christ did not please himself…” Romans 15 “May the God of endurance and encouragement grant you to live in such harmony with one another, in accord with Christ Jesus…”

Arguments in Favor of Tattoos - Scriptural Justifications

Revelation 19:16 is a common argument by those who support skin embellishments. The book of Revelation is written widely with symbolism and the description in Revelation 19:16 is strictly symbolic in context. In the same passage, Jesus’ eyes are said to be “like blazing fire” (verse 12), His robe is soaked in blood (verse 13), and there’s a sword coming out of His mouth (verse 15). Obviously, none of these descriptions are literal; the name written on Jesus’ thigh is also figurative. Jesus is not be described with an actual tattoo.

To examine the word used in this passage, "Thigh" as used here was taken from the Hebrew, its small extension of the dalet character makes it "dagel" which means literally "Banner" a description that makes more sense than "thigh" because otherwise two Hebrew rules would be broken. Leviticus 19:28 is one possible reason, but more to the point, a person whose thigh was exposed was considered naked, thus not applicable as reference to any God-head or deity. It simply doesn't work, a misuse of a word adding to the conflicts of modern linguistics gone awry.

Never-the-less, a proponent of tattoos is going to be vigilant to justify their acquisition, as an opponent will be tenacious to prove it unwise and ungodly. I have read debates that are sometimes more toxic than edifying, achieving nothing but anger and division.

To answer the question then, should a Christian allow tattoos to be scribed on their bodies? The short answer would be obviously "no," it is not in the best interest for those in the faith. Along the same lines, body piercings is grossly abusive to God's temple. Even the modest provision for a pierced ear is considered improper among women following the script of biblical modesty (1 Timothy 2:9-10; 1 Peter 3:3-4). However, if you must deface your temple because you could care less what others think, then at minimum, don't parade the ink before other Christians who will stumble in offence of your actions. Reread the above quotes if you didn't grasp why the first time.

Comment

After reading this article http://conservativetribune.com/horri...-tattoo-trend/, I had to come back and add some more comments to this aging thread. Please forgive me if I repeat anything from the old post.

There is something distinctly rebellious and satanic about the need to etch graffiti on the body. Painting walls or structures with graffiti is naturally equated with rebellious youth without sense or control of one's moral compass. "You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead nor print or tattoo any marks upon you; I am the Lord." [Leviticus 19:28]

The word, "cutting" in Leviticus 19:28 is Strong's Number 8296, which also means any "incision". Thus, God is also forbidding the practice of body "incision" or "piercing" and for very good reason. When you see a society in which significant numbers of people are tattooing and piercing the body, you know that country has moved its value system to the occult. For over 4,000 years, one of the most important and visible differences between a Godly society and a Satanic society has been tattoos and body piercings.

The vast majority of tattoo parlors are operated by practicing Satanists. As Christians we are told to shun all evil, and not to mix those things that are of Jesus and those things that are of Satan. Thus, a quick look through a tattoo magazine will prove to you that tattooing and body piercing are evil, straight out of the pit of Hell. Before tattoo needles and knives are used, they are typically cursed in a coven ritual, attaching demons to them, and conducting exactly the right kind of ritual in which demons are instructed to "follow the recipient". A person who is tattooed will then have demons specifically called forth in the ritual "follow them home". This fact is the reason a family in which a child has gotten a tattoo and/or body piercing suddenly experiences a dramatic increase in rebellion, lust, and the other Satanic attributes.

The ultimate prophetic Mark of the Beast could simply be a Satanic insert, called push-pins. Inserts are just about anything that gets inserted under the skin or into the body that has a demon, and sometimes, physical poisons (the most common is cyanide or mercury) attached to it. Prior to an insert being placed into the body, it often has received an incantation or a spell that ritualistically attaches a demon to the insert. Thus, when a person receives such an insert, they have just received a demon into their body -- through ritual -- supernaturally attached to the insert. This method of inserts is used culturally in a lot of pagan countries around the world. For example, Hindu women in India frequently wear a particular gem or stone imbedded in the skin in the center of their forehead. This is the position of the 'third eye'. This links them with their god and supposedly gives them special vision into the spirit world. Various African tribes are well-known for pieces of bone inserted into their noses, ears, or lips. If Antichrist used this type of insert, placing it into the right hand or the forehead of the peoples of the world, he would have a most powerful spiritual tool by which to control those subject from that moment on.

For a decade now, I have struggled with the realization that people who are New Age adherents and who have received their own "Guiding Spirits" are demonically possessed, even though the New Ager has no concept they are possessed. Since the New Age Movement claims that more than 30 million Americans are practitioners, the impact of a demonically possessed minority of the population at the time of the appearance of Antichrist is potentially huge.

I think it is no accident the gay movement has popularized ear rings for men. What effect does the placement of such ear rings have in a non-homosexual young man? If the person performing the piercing of the ear, or the eyelids, or any other part of the body, is a Satanist, he could have previously "blessed (cursed)" each "insert", so that, unbeknownst to the recipient, demons are ritually attached to the insert. That young man or woman could then be under the influence of the demon, without realizing it. This is happening now, in large numbers, even as you read this.

Most possessed people act very normally most of the time. However, at the time of the demon's choosing, the possessed person will suddenly come under the control of the demon. I think the prime time in history for this sudden control to occur will be when Antichrist arises, and will factor very heavily in the vast majority of the peoples of the world accepting him. At that moment, all possessed people will suddenly be under the control of their demon masters. Thus will be fulfilled the prophecy, "and all the world wondered after the beast. And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? Who is able to make war with him?" [Revelation 13:3-4] Billions of people will fall all over themselves to worship Antichrist. Many will be possessed by different means, but possessed nevertheless. And, when the demon inside says, "worship him", the poor deluded and unsaved human being will comply.

Our society has expediently passed over from the "Light of Jesus Christ" into the blackness of Satanism. Even people who do not mutilate their bodies with demonic etchings and embellishments are often supportive of various Satanic values. I see the liberal caucus as an overarching people group that fall into that category. America can slaughter 1.5 million innocent babies within the womb, and carry out the abominable Partial Birth Abortion. The West now promotes homosexual values and all kinds of perverted and licentious heterosexual perversions. Consider how God views these growing transitional standards, as we take note of tattoos and body piercings which are symbolic of a people’s spiritual condition before God.

I have to add a disclaimer here. I would not suggest that every person that gains a tattoo is demonically possessed. That would be excessive, as if to claim that every person that is involved in yoga will be subverted by demonic forces, or that any person that touches an Ouija board will become possessed. The emphasis here is that Scriptures warn Christians to be remain innocent to evil, in as much as not to experiment or flirt with something that might remotely lean in that direction. To not do anything that has been proven to have a tether to darkness. I would not practice yoga, I would not play with occult devices, I will not get a tattoo, nor will I listen to thrash or metal music as examples. I personally choose to not knowingly participate in anything that might open a door to any malevolent force. Because he who is in me is sensitive and precious, an easily snuffed out presence, who cannot coincide with purposeful sin or satanic inclusions. Not to say a true Christian can loose the seal of promise, but they certainly can quench the Holy Spirit and find themselves diminishing as if a repatriated heathen.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7526 users online. 0 members and 7526 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,272 at 07:19 AM on 03-28-2024.

Discerning the Truth Forum Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 298   Posts: 985   Members: 221   Active Members: 0
      Welcome to our newest member, Markus Wagner.
      Working...
      X