Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Gospel

Facebook has been amazing. I now have friends from all around the globe. Some friends are from the United States, and some are from other countries including India, Pakistan, and even the Philippians. This opportunity to communicate to people in this way is an awesome technology, in which we have never been able to do in human history on such a grand scale. Our place in human history is very unique. I believe that faith in God will come from hearing this message, and that this message is heard through the word of Christ.

The reason I am writing this message is to share with you what I know about the Creator of this universe. His name is God or in the ancient times, the Jewish people called Him Yahweh. This existence is His story, in which He is the author of this world and universe. From the beginning of this universe He had a reason for it all. He wanted to create humans to love Him, to serve Him, and to glorify His name. He created humans to serve this purpose. For humans to truly love Him, God created within us a phrase called ”free will”. This is our ability to choose to love Him or to reject Him. Free will is required for true love. Without it we would be as robots, forced to love Him. Is this true love? Now since God already knew the outcome from the beginning He chose to create us, because He knew He had a plan to make it work. So in the beginning, God created Adam and Eve in which they rejected God by disobeying God’s command of not eating from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. This rejection and disobedience is called sin. From that point on, the earth has been separated from God because of this sin.

As I wrote before, God had a plan for this situation even before He decided to go through with the creation. One of God’s attributes or characteristics is His perfect love, while on the other side of the coin is His perfect justice. God loves us beyond or comprehension and wants to share Heaven with all of us, but He will not be associated with sin in any way. In fact, He will not send anyone to Heaven if they are of sin. So therefore we all have a huge problem, since there is no one of this world free from sin. God required a way to demonstrate His perfect love and His perfect justice. The solution is His son Jesus Christ or the Messiah, the promised and expected deliverer of human kind. Sin should have led to our death in Hell, but Jesus was the ultimate sacrifice to God. Jesus Christ is the perfect balance between God’s perfect love and His perfect justice. He loved us so much that He showed us mercy, and in sending His Son as a substitute for our own sins, this therefore demonstrated that His justice was not violated, but instead satisfied.

Specifically the gospel or the good news is Jesus’ death on the cross and subsequent resurrection that achieved our salvation. Scripture is clear that salvation is the gracious, undeserved gift of God and is only available through faith in Jesus Christ. How do we receive salvation? We are saved by faith. First, we must hear the gospel—the good news of Jesus’ death and resurrection. Then, we must believe—fully trust the Lord Jesus. This involves repentance, a changing of mind about sin and Christ, and calling on the name of the Lord.

What happens next? When I began to fully believe in Jesus Christ, I decided to join a church, so I could be around a group of believers to learn from and to worship with. I then decided to be baptised or immersed in water to represent my new life in Christ Jesus. I now am on a lifelong journey to become more like Christ and to share with others this message of hope.

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7634 users online. 0 members and 7634 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,272 at 07:19 AM on 03-28-2024.

Discerning the Truth Forum Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 298   Posts: 985   Members: 221   Active Members: 0
Welcome to our newest member, Markus Wagner.
Working...
X