No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Created eternal

Originally posted by cmnahrwold View Post
    In a men’s group this week, a good question came up during the discussion. “If God already knew that Adam and Eve were going to fall, why did God go forward with his decision to create mankind?”

I helped with giving an answer to this question, although it was a short answer at the time. I have been reflecting on this question all week, so it is my hope that this detailed answer is easy to follow. This is a very deep question, and my answer to it is the best that I have to offer. Hopefully I answer the question properly, but if I don’t feel free to chime in or add your two cents.

The overarching theme of the bible is a) Paradise b) Paradise lost c) Paradise regained. At the center of these themes is the cross of Jesus Christ. God knew and ordained that Jesus would go to the cross and die so that many would be saved (Matthew 28:20). This was God’s will that Jesus would be the way for eternal life even before to the foundations of the world was formed.

4 even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love 5 he predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will. Ephesians 1:4–5 (ESV)

So if God knew about the fall of mankind and is in total control of the situation, since He is indeed God, why would he bother with the paradise lost section? Why not just go from paradise to paradise regained? We could have then simply skipped all of this messy stuff called life and Jesus therefore would not have had to come to Earth, to die for us as an atonement for our sins.

We however, forget one thing. God is God. He is indeed the one in perfect control. He knows what is best for us. He is the Author of this story we call mankind, so He is the one who gets to decide the different chapters of the book. God’s purpose for creating this world was to have all of His glory in full display. The part involving the fall from God, redemption through Jesus Christ, and wrath to those who deny Him are all a part of this glory.

The ultimate exhibition of His glory was at the cross where His mercy, justice, and wrath come to the forefront. The judgment of all sin was placed at the cross, and God’s grace was on display in pouring His wrath for sin on His Son instead of on us. God’s love and grace are on display in those whom He has saved. In the end, God will be glorified as His people worship Him for all eternity with the angels, and the wicked will also glorify God as His justice and righteousness will finally be vindicated by the eternal punishment of all unrepentant sinners. None of this could have come to pass without the fall of Adam and Eve.

So in short, this life is not really about us, but it is about Him.
    When GOD created the first man Adam (Aramaic Md0 = ATUM e.g. dust) he was made in the image of GOD the father, GOD the son and GOD the Holy Spirit. He was called what we say as Atom like the atom bomb, because adam was made of protons, neutrons, electrons making up atoms and GOD breathed into this molecular shell called adam, the breath of life. When Adam arose alive from earth he possessed eternal "life" and when later he sinned he died (his spirit man's eternal life died). When that happened, all things changed on earth to be able to die and go to eternal heaven with GOD would take a work on man's part.

Whenever GOD speaks, he breathes into or speaks a creation. It think it is important to comprehend that every word GOD utters results in some type of a creation event, rather for making or unmaking as judgment. Every word is without sin goes forth and creates (accomplishes) something.

We cannot properly comprehend on the same plane that the Creator thinks on and thus when questions come up that causes us to think, it is not adequently the spirit realm. The closest I can get while thinking using this earthly mind would come by being very careful to understand the different words that were used in this example brought up in this writing being discussed.

If we go to the Aramaic to read as Jesus spoke, it may help clear up questions that are brought up because of misunderstanding of the quotes used therein.

GOD knew in advance what would happen if man did this or that. He knew in advance what would have to happen for that action. He knew what would be needed before he created man. In the garden of eden for example he had at the center of the garden, two different trees that were put there that when you look back after the fact, GOD had a tree of death and a tree of salvation put in the garden. It is said that the tree of knowledge of good and evil was a beautiful tree with desirable fruit. The other tree of life had thorns on it with fruit. One of the tie in's later in Scripture talked about a crown of thorns on Jesus head , thus the tree seen at the time of good and evil.

I think this is a good question to get a person to put on their thinking caps because one thing I do know for absolute sure, there is NO mistakes in my King James Bible. It is the WORD of GOD. GOD does not lie or mislead us ever. This brings me to a point to close for now and that is we should look to prove GOD's word by using his word and not bring to pass questions that could cause a weaker brother or sister to doubt GOD's Holy word. If you get a chance, begin to study from the Aramaic language and be blessed.... Norm...............

Comment

I think that it is more easy to explain though the eyes of one that saw the beginning and the end at the same time.

The Father knew Adam and Eve would fall before he breathed life in his nostrils, but I'm sure the Father would prefer for his children, within their own free agency, to choose to come to the Father for no other reason than it being the right thing to do.

I think it gives the Father great joy when he sees fallen man choose to come to him "just because I can" so to speak. But in order for that to happen, their must be other paths to freely choose. To cast one's vote in an election consisting of just one person is pointless.

I honestly believe that the fall was a choice freely made, and like mentioned elsewhere, the Father wants true hearts not robots destined to follow a linear path.
      May the Holy Spirit always move within you!

Comment

Wow what a discussion. I had no idea this question would bring about such a discussion. Thank you all for insight. Just wanted to clarify one thing though. This question did not come about just for my own personal amusement. This question has come up not only in my Men's Bible study, but it has come up several times when sharing the Gospel. It had occurred one time with my churches ministry in which we evangelize in neighborhoods, and it has come up a half dozen of times when I spread the Gospel on websites in which there are atheists and agnostics that discuss whether there is a God. This is why I asked such a question in order to have a reasonable answer. People have walls built around them not letting the Spirit convict them. It is my prayer that respectful conversation can soften their hearts in order for God to do His mighty work.

Comment

Some further thoughts on possible reasons why God even bothered to create mankind, with full knowledge of the fall of Adam:

What was God's purpose in creating mankind in the first place?

"4
          even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love 5 he predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, 6 to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved. 7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace, 8 which he lavished upon us, in all wisdom and insight 9 making known to us the mystery of his will, according to his purpose, which he set forth in Christ10 as a plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in him, things in heaven and things on earth. 11 In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will, 12 so that we who were the first to hope in Christ might be to the praise of his glory. 13 In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory." (Ephesians 1: 4-13, ESV)

"25 Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, 26 that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, 27 so that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish. 28 In the same way husbands should love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29 For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ does the church, 30 because we are members of his body. 31 “Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.” 32 This mystery is profound, and I am saying that it refers to Christ and the church. 33 However, let each one of you love his wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband." (Ephesians 5: 25-33, ESV)

"I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. 2 Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

3 For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think with sober judgment, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned. 4For as in one body we have many members, and the members do not all have the same function, 5 so we, though many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another. 6 Having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, in proportion to our faith; 7 if service, in our serving; the one who teaches, in his teaching; 8 the one who exhorts, in his exhortation; the one who contributes, in generosity; the one who leads, with zeal; the one who does acts of mercy, with cheerfulness." (Romans 12: 1-8, ESV)

Watchman Nee summarized these scriptures very well "We only see history back to the Fall. God sees it from the beginning. There was something in God's mind before the Fall, and in the ages to come that thing is to be fully realized. God knew all about sin and redemption; yet in his great purpose for the Church set forth in Genesis 2 there is no view of sin. It is though (to speak in finite terms) he leaps in thought right over the whole story of redemption and sees the Church in future eternity, having a ministry and a (future) history which is altogether apart from sin and wholly of God. It is the Body of Christ in glory, expressing nothing of fallen man, but only that which is the image of the glorified Son of man. This is the Church that has satisfied God's heart and has attained dominion." (Nee, The Normal Christian Life, page 220)

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7578 users online. 0 members and 7578 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,272 at 07:19 AM on 03-28-2024.

Discerning the Truth Forum Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 298   Posts: 985   Members: 221   Active Members: 0
          Welcome to our newest member, Markus Wagner.
          Working...
          X