No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Age Movement Explained from the Christian Perspective

Published in the Christian Chronicle - By S. E. Ray - 07/17/06

Religions and spiritual systems from the East are moving West at an increasing rate as multitudes fall prey to the seductive lure of earth-plane powers, accurately referred to as ancient paganism or modern witchcraft, promising enlightenment while actually leading to spiritual bondage. The mere hint of mystical powers is sufficient to entice those who lean heavily toward mystical systems and their associated practices. Today, unlike like never before, all of us need to know exactly what sets Western Christianity apart from Eastern philosophy and thought.

There are numerous eastern systems growing rampantly. Spiritual beliefs like: Jainism, Buddhism, Sikhism, Taoism, and many others. And while they all have their own distinctions they also have a number of specific beliefs, which are mutually exclusive from Christianity. Like a gardener is wise to what is a weed and what is a desirable plant, so a spiritually-wise person steeped in the knowledge and presence of God's Spirit can differentiate between what is genuinely of Creator God and what is presented as a deceptive substitute. In the same manner, as a gardener must aggressively remove weeds that may appear to be a desirable plant. If not managed, the garden of the heart can slowly be consumed by fallicies embraced as truth. "And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light" 2 Corinthians 11:14.

The first distinction has to do with the concept of God. In eastern thought, God is understood to be an impersonal force of energy or principle. The God of Christianity in sharp distinction is a personal God, who communicates attributes like love, reason, emotion, empathy, mercy and many other 'human-type" attributes.

Another distinction is that in eastern thought, man is seen as being a part of nature. In fact, man's goal is to become one with nature because nature is God. Therefore, most eastern religions are pantheistic, believing that "God is all and all is God." Christianity, on the other hand, follows that mankind is a special creation and is very distinct from nature. That man is created in the Creator's image, not meaning physical form, but in living spirit.

One last difference involves the method for apprehending truth. In the east, truth comes through intuition and discernment granted by it's own branding of enlightenment. It’s apprehended apart from cognitive thinking or the premise of selfless humility required to attain true enlightment. In contrast, Christianity teaches that truth and genuine God-authored enlightment comes through revelation. God’s most complete revelation is found in the person and through the work of Jesus Christ who was none other than God Himself in human flesh. Not a prophet only, but God himself in temporal human form. The truth, according to Christianity, is understood with the mind and is then embraced with the heart. These points, and many others, make Christianity fundamentally different and incompatible with the religions of the East.

"Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils." 1 Timothy 4:1

It is troubling to realize that many spiritual systems are authored by a fallen Archangel wholly in opposition to the Creator. A defunct spiritual entity of the highest rank who has successfully deployed multitudes of false "god-path" systems designed to ensnare as many souls as may be seduced. Many of these systems provide immediate soul-level gratification as to draw people unwittingly into a place of being bound or ensnared. The core of these systems, authored by the fallen daystar himself, are pluralistic systems. This is a belief that there is not one but many acceptable ways to enter into God's presence. Many who claim to have intimate encounters with Creator God are in fact embracing Eosphoros (light-bearer) who disguises himself as a prophet of truth. It is he who calls to the throngs of hapless wanderers by the tongues of human-managed familiars.

Those already ensnared by these spiritual systems will scoff at any opposition set in their path. So few humans ever realize heightened spiritual awareness let alone sufficient ability to discern truth from error. Can you say you are absolutely sure of your path? God says through an ancient prophet "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge" Hosea 4:6. For a seed to prosper, it must have fertile and tillable soil. Humility is required. A seed cast upon on a rock will not grow or remain. Again the ancient scrolls speak truth in saying "Whoever stubbornly refuses to accept criticism will suddenly be broken beyond repair" Proverbs 29:1. Yea even, the sin-hardened heart will not find the essence of life imparted only to those who seek diligently with vigor while traveling on the path of reconciliation. "Many are invited, but only a few are chosen" Matthew 22:14. The path to life is narrow and difficult to transcend, whereas the many paths that lead away from the giver of life are heavily traveled. "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it" Matthew 7:13.These wayward roads promise soul riches, which are found to be wanting, empty cisterns that fail to contain eternal substance. Likened unto drinking water in a dream, they do not quench the inner soul; rather they provide a convincing substitute. An illusion, a fog of deceit holds the stray souls from finding the way. Oh, but the glow and luster the false systems appear to offer, surely this is the way. But lo, it is often too late to find God's authored path. Many are the souls that have been lost and many are those who now abide in the transitory mist of delusion, awaiting their fixed demise unless they turn to look upon the Living Truth. Jesus of Nazareth, more than a prophet, fully 'God the Creator' incarnate.

Either Jesus Christ is who he said he is, or the most insane narcissistic sociopath ever. Jesus said "Everyone on the side of truth listens to me" John 18:37. These words sum up his immutable deity "I and My Father are one" John 10:30. Jesus was saying I am in the Creator and the Creator is in me or when you look to me, you are seeing God incarnate. "No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day" John 6:65. Essentially, Christ is saying, a person's spiritual eyes will not be opened to see him for who he is unless God the Creator is pleased to reveal him to you. "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God." You can't earn the rite of spiritual restoration by any effort of your own. God calls to you through the sacrifical blood of Jesus, but those who are deceived cannot hear. "Their ears are closed so they cannot hear. The word of the LORD is offensive to them; they find no pleasure in it" Jeremiah 6:10. Are you offended when reading or hearing scripture? If yes, decadent powers have dominion of your soul, repelling thought that is genuinely Holy. This is the nature of evil which empowers unholy systems, it protects its prized soul by appalling the host when exposed to the genuine knowledge of God, but draws them to those teaching that originate from darkness. This is a sure test as to what powers rule your spirit.

"The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with the work of Satan displayed in all kinds of counterfeit miracles, signs and wonders, and in every sort of evil that deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness" 2 Thessalonians 2:9-12. This in essence sums up the Creator's response to the new age and similar systems throughout time. There is contained a genuine and undeniable power that lures its victims, God allows the deception to consume them as not to see the truth in order that they will receive just condemnation for rejecting truth. Resist God's ONLY plan for soul restoration and perish is the message. Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. John 14:6. This is very simple, Jesus said I am the correct direction, I am the fullness of truth, I am the eternal life, no one can access Creator God except through the finished work (blood atonement) of Christ.

In review, the New Age movement as a whole, inspires a inward-focused generation of “spiritual people” willing to trade their soul for the grand deception. the New Age movement denies the reality of sin and total depravity, and believes that man is generally good and is divine. They teach that there is a god within us, and we are to harness that and develop it through meditation and other metaphysical techniques. They teach that the only thing people need is enlightenment regarding their divinity. They believe that through many reincarnations man is reunited with God. They believe in karma, which is a debt one owes because of his previous life. They also believe and teach the evolution of man as opposed to the Creation that is taught in the Bible. The movements spiritual practices includes conjured imagery, visualization, hypnosis, channeling, chanting of mantras, energy work, sorcery, divination, and other occult techniques, which are not only unbiblical and cursed, but are potentially dangerous.

A person must ask themselves if they are willing to gamble with their soul and ignore the potential to have been lead astray. Is your path the one authored by the infinite Creator who provided reunification through Jesus the Christ or the deceptive lie authored by a fallen principality? In humility, seek this answer for your souls sake. One life, one soul, one chance... why risk eternity?

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7862 users online. 0 members and 7862 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,272 at 07:19 AM on 03-28-2024.

Discerning the Truth Forum Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 298   Posts: 985   Members: 221   Active Members: 0
Welcome to our newest member, Markus Wagner.
Working...
X