Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a Lectionary used for?

Hello, I have my NKJV Study Bible on my computer as well, and one of the free updates says "Lectionary" then it lists a number of Church demomonations below it.

I don't want to be downloading stuff I will never use, so if someone can explain to me the use of one, I would be most gratefull
    May the Holy Spirit always move within you!

Lectionary for Liturgy

A lectionary is a manuscript or listing that contains a collection of scripture readings appointed for Christian or Judaic worship on a given day or occasion. Lector is a Latin term for one who reads, whether aloud or not. Some Lectionaries are daily, and some are setup in three year cycles of readings. The more liturgical denominations observe this method of Liturgy. Like the Orthodox, Catholic, Presbyterian, and Episcopal as examples. It is essentially a standardized schedule of scripture readings to be read during worship gatherings, or during personal times. It is not a bad concept, it is about establishing a repetitive discipline of scripture reading.

Comment

Ah!

Ok, thanks so much for your very informative answer, now to figure out what denomination to use
      May the Holy Spirit always move within you!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7647 users online. 0 members and 7647 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,272 at 07:19 AM on 03-28-2024.

Discerning the Truth Forum Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 298   Posts: 985   Members: 221   Active Members: 0
      Welcome to our newest member, Markus Wagner.
      Working...
      X